We answer questions about acute poisonings, and give advice about suitable treatment in cases of poisoning. The service is available on a 24-hour basis, every day of the year. We serve the whole country, and take enquiries from hospitals and physicians, as well as the general public. When you call us you will talk directly to a specially trained pharmacist. If needed, enquiries can be conducted in English.
- Dial 112 in case of emergency poisoning and ask for Poison Information both day and night.
- For less urgent questions dial 010-456 6700 both day and night.
- Dial 010-456 6700 if you have general questions concerning acute poisonings mon-fri 9.00-17.00
- There are special numbers for the medical service.
- Below, you can find more information about acute poisonings.
The Swedish Poisons Information Centre is the appointed body in Sweden, according to the EU regulation (EC) 1272/2008 (CLP) Article 45, responsible.../servicemeny/in-english/chemical-products---information-to-manufacturers-and-suppliers/
The main responsibility for the Swedish Poisons Information Centre is to give advice to the general public, physicians and other health care.../servicemeny/in-english/cosmetics--products-for-personal-care---information-to-manufacturers-and-suppliers/
Annex VIII – Harmonised requirements of notifications Note that from 1 jan 2021 the Swedish Poisons Centre will only accept notifications of mixtur.../servicemeny/in-english/chemical-products---send-information-electronically/